We really deserve to be happy in our relationship and marriage because that is the most important thing in life. If you don’t have a good relationship with your spouse, it affects your other areas of life. You will become harsh outside if you are harsh inside, be timid and inferior outside if you are timid at home, will be saucy and commanding outside if that is your nature at home. That’s why I listed out these 8 ideas that can solidifies your relationship and marriage.
1. Make your spouse your friend – For a successful marriages, making your spouse your best friend is the foundation of it. No other person knows your spouse more than you do. Yo can tell when he/she is angry, sad, not in the mood and in the mood. So he/she should be your best friend, your confider and your support and not the other way round. I have seen homes where the man form boss while the woman is intimidated, seen as inferior but only as a wife who is bought to bear children and cook food only. That won’t make your marriage successful and hitch-free. Treat her as better half, she will love you more, respect you more and depend on you more.
2. Let your love for your spouse be unconditional – When I say unconditional, I’m not asking you to die for her/him or kill yourself if he/she leaves you. What I mean here is the love Christ has for us. Yes, He died for us, that is unconditional but He died for us when we were still sinners. Love her/him in his/her mischievous behavior, she isn’t perfect. In her not knowing how to cook, she isn’t your cook, in her not knowing dress sense, unless she is into fashion and designing. Love her above all these things, teach her where necessary but don’t insult, compare or look down on her. It won’t make her any better.
3. Trust your spouse more than anyone – Trust, a huge problem we have in marriage and relationship now. There is no way you won’t hear “your husband was seen with another woman or your wife doesn’t greet like you do” Your mother can even be the source of the problem. I know that feeling, mothers suffered to train this boy to man, the school fees paid, the hospital bills, the clothes bought and then he grows up to help, only to be snatched away by another woman. She will then start hating the woman or start doing things to make you have issues with your wife. It’s natural, its not a big deal. Don’t start nagging how your wife hates your mother because the truth is, your wife is your better half now. You have left your family and shall cleave to your wife. What I am saying here is that your wife definitely becomes more important than your mother, but that doesn’t mean your mother should be insulted and ignored. Remember the command that has a promise, obey your parents children so you will live long. So as a man, learn to balance the equation and settle the two women without causing more quarrel.
Read Also: 8 Reasons To Stay Faithful To Your Spouse
4. Commitment – When I say commitment, I liken it to faithfulness and trust too. Your spouse has no reason to doubt you or start feeling bad when she hears “I saw your husband with another woman” The answer should be “I am sure its someone he is helping out, a colleague at work or a friend he ran into” Don’t start making unnecessary drama without hearing from him. And when asking him about it, don’t be straightforward, be jovial, say it while patting his head or squeezing his hand “Honey, so I have a co-wife now” Men are always Sensitive to make a scene, so be wise. A wise woman maketh her home.
5. Common interests and goals – A woman is like a sopportive pillar to the husband/fiancé. You should be able to hold his hands and say to him “I understand” when it comes to that. Or give him ideas when he is out of ideas on his business, career and ministry. Don’t be a dull illiterate woman. That you didn’t go to school doesn’t mean you can’t reason and think. Think and reason as a woman and be the best to your man. Learn about his business as he learn about your too. This way, your marriage/relationship will be solid and unshakable because you too will come running to each other for help.
6. Make your sex life fun – I always ask women and ladies who left their homes why, they will say “he is always busy and he is starving me sexually. Why then did you marry her? Have you forgotten your body belongs to no other but her? My friend has two cute children and this my friend and the wife, they are so ugly. #hope you aren’t reading this Vin# I asked him one day, Vin, how come these boys with this your face, the answer he gave me baffled me and gave me sleepless nights. He said ” I give it to my wife everyday! Good sperm breeds beautiful children, my wife wasn’t lacking it. She received it few days in a week” That’s how your spouse should be. Always fulfilled and happy.
7. Don’t be stingy or over wanting – Money is another issue we have in some relationship and marriages. To avoid that, listen now to this. Women, don’t be stingy with your money. He is your better half, that you earn more than him does not make you the boss and the bread winner. He is still and always the head of the family. Men, give to your wife but if she is the material type, caution her and talk to her how she need to stop or reduce. Communication is needed here and not stinginess.
8. Submission – This I will liken to respect. Its annoying when I see women raising voice when their man is talking. We don’t get scared again. What if this man slaps you? We will say he is a woman beater right? Meanwhile you pushed him too far. Women, we are fragile and gentle. We shouldn’t be behaving like touts. When he is shouting at you, maintain silence and believe me when he learns you always keep quiet when he is shouting, he will learn not to shout again at you unless he is mentally ill. Hahhhaha. You just did him silent is the best answer for a fool, he will be making himself a fool if he keeps shouting. Let go of some certain things, don’t be head over heels it must be done your way, that way your spouse is happy with you forever.
These are the difficulties we experience on our marriage and relationship, I bet you if you make use of these ideas above, your marriage and relationship will be hitch- free and you will come saying “Doris I love you… #winks”
The good news is that most of these problems can be repaired…. Go repair your relationship and marriage dear.